In this article we offer some tips on how to troubleshoot the most common issues you might run into when using Grata, as well as recommendations on how to best report an issue to Grata so we can help you resolve it as quickly as possible.
1. Scope the issue
If you use Grata with other colleagues, one of the first things you can do when you think something is wrong is to check with your team. Are other people experiencing the same issue?
If your colleagues do not have the same issue, it may be an issue with your workstation, for example your browser or network.
Resolving common issues with your workstation:
- Reload Grata by clicking on the browser reload button
- Clear your browser cache. Windows: ctrl + shift + delete, Mac: cmd + shift + delete
- Confirm you have the right URL for your organization’s Grata console
- Quit and re-open your browser
- Log out and log back in to Grata
- Try using an incognito window or a different browser
- Update your browser to the latest version
- Toggle your computer network connection off and on again
- Try switching to a different network or hotspot your phone.
2. Collect information to report
If you want to report an issue to Grata, please follow the recommendations below so we can better assist you in resolving an issue.
What were you doing when it happened?
When you report an issue, the first thing Grata will try to do is to reproduce the issue. Try to give us as much detail as possible. Include the console URL and which browser (eg. grata.cn/agent in Firefox) and describe what you were doing when the issue happened.
Is the issue only happening with a specific user? Include their username and userID. You can see a Grata’s userID by hovering over their username in the console.
It can be difficult to describe an issue if you aren’t sure what happened. Sending us screenshots of the issue can often help us understand the issue more quickly.
Browser debug console
Web browsers report warnings and errors to help developers debug software. Use these keyboard shortcuts to open the console in your browser:
If you are able to reproduce your issue, keep an eye on the debug console when the issue happens to see if a specific error (in red) is reported at the same time. Sending us a screenshot of any errors in the console can often help Grata more quickly diagnose the issue.
3. Where to report an issue
You can report an issue to Grata via:
- Our WeChat Official Account “grata_co”
- Any Grata personal WeChat/WeCom contacts or Grata group chat
- Web chat on grata.cn or grata.co
- Email email@example.com
If you have a high priority issue impacting your organization and you do not receive an immediate response from any of these channels, your manager should have an emergency contact for Grata that can be contacted 24×7.